NOTE: Labels in bold are required.
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
866-974-8145 (Toll Free)
Charles A. Chip McCallum, III was born in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, where he received his Bachelor of Arts in 1983. In 1986, he received his Juris Doctorate from Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, where he was a member of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy (1984-1986). That same year, he was admitted to the Alabama State Bar, and from 1986 to 1996, he practiced with the law firm of Haskell, Slaughter & Young in Birmingham. In 1996, he joined Campbell, Waller & McCallum, and in 2001, founded McCallum Law Firm, the predecessor of the present firm. Chip is a member of the Birmingham and American Bar Associations and the Alabama State Bar. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama.
Chip has been very active in the Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce, where he served as President in 2006, as a board member for 8 years, as legal counsel for 4 years, and is currently a Trustee. He has also served as a member of Vestavia Hills Long Range Planning Committee, Member of the Vestavia Hills Ordinance Review Committee, and as a Board Member of Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation.
Chip has also served on a number of charitable organizations, including on the Board of Laps for CF Foundation and the Men's Committee of the Birmingham Heart Ball. He is an active supporter of public education and local youth activities, where he has served as a coach for youth baseball, basketball, and soccer.
Chip's practice is devoted to complex business and commercial litigation, including business torts, unfair and deceptive trade practices, contract litigation, bad faith, securities litigation and shareholder disputes.
- Areas of Practice:
- Complex Business
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Torts
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Contract Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Bar Admissions:
- Alabama, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama,
Law Journal: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Member, 1984 - 1986
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama,
Bachelor's of Arts
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce, 2005 - 2006
- Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Past Employment Positions:
- Haskell, Slaughter & Young in Birmingham, 1986 - 1996
- Campbell, Waller & McCallum, LLC, 1996
- McCallum Law Firm, LLC, 2001