Broker Fraud Lawyers in Birmingham, Alabama
Stock brokers and investment advisors are legally obligated to adhere to fair trading practices set forth by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). At McCallum Hoaglund & Irby, LLP, our knowledge of these federal statutes allows us to identify liability in brokerage fraud disputes, and seek stock market loss recovery on behalf of our clients.
Contact us today to speak with a highly-qualified Alabama securities litigation attorney.
What Constitutes Broker Fraud?
At McCallum Hoaglund & Irby, LLP we provide exceptional securities litigation representation to people who have been misled or taken advantage of by stock brokers and investment firms. Broker fraud comes in many forms. We protect investors from a wide range of fraudulent broker activities, including:
- Unsuitability: Brokers may only recommend investments that are “suitable” for the investor. For instance, making risky trades on the account of a retiree who is dependent upon steady growth would unsuitable.
- Unauthorized trading: Brokers may not take action on an investor’s behalf without express authorization.
- Churning: Brokers may not make excessive transactions on a client’s account for the purpose of generating transaction fees.
- False statements and omissions: Brokers must be truthful in the advice they give their clients.
- Over concentration: Putting too much money into one investment vehicle without client authorization constitutes broker fraud.
Our lawyers are dedicated consumer rights advocates and are equipped to stand up for your rights in the arbitration process in which broker disputes are typically handled. We understand that many of our clients are relying on their investments to sustain them through retirement. We will fight tirelessly to hold fraudulent brokers to account.
Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation Today
If you have been victimized by broker fraud or investment fraud, we can help. Please contact us today online or by phone at 866-974-8145 to speak with a highly-qualified lawyer. We represent clients from Athens, Enterprise, Shelby County and throughout Alabama. We offer all potential clients free initial consultations.