Since its inception in 2001, McCallum Hoaglund & Irby, LLP has successfully litigated numerous complex cases involving state and nationwide class actions and multidistrict litigation. Our lawyers have been appointed lead counsel in over forty class actions filed throughout the nation. Below are a few examples of our prior successes.
- Washer & Refrigeration Supply Co., Inc. v. PRA Government Services, LLC, Case No. CV-2010-903417.00: Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Alabama: Negotiated a class settlement on behalf of 140,000 Alabama businesses asserting claims for violations of the Alabama Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights and other laws governing private tax auditing and collection entities.
- Chambers v. Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., Case No. 10-CV-07109 (AJN): United States District Court for the Southern District of New York : Recovered over $21 million on behalf of a class of former financial advisors involving allegations of non-payment under a deferred compensation plan.
- Earl R. Cates, et al. v. Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., Case No. 3:06-cv-940: United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio : Recovered over $50 million in healthcare benefits on behalf of a class of retired employees.
- Mary Jo Rhodenbaugh, et al. v. CVS Pharmacy, Inc., Case No. 0916-CV09361: Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri : Negotiated a nationwide class settlement on behalf of over 400,000 plaintiffs asserting claims for unreasonable fees for the retrieval of pharmacy prescription records.
- Eufaula Family Medicine, P.C. v. Stericycle, Inc., Case No. CV-2008-900066: Circuit Court of Barbour County, Alabama: Negotiated a settlement on behalf of 77,000 class members seeking redress for alleged misconduct relating to the imposition of fuel subcharges.
- Jimmy S. Calton, et al. v. Shred-It USA, Inc., Case No. CV-2008-900006: Circuit Court of Barbour County, Alabama: Represented a nationwide class of 75,000 business entities challenging defendant’s alleged improper practice of assessing fuel subcharges.
- In re Chinese-Drywall Prods. Liability Litig., MDL No. 2047: United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana: Represented hundreds of owners of property contaminated with Chinese Drywall and recovering benefits for homeowners in excess of $30 million.
- Margaret Franklin v. Acceptance Insurance Agency, Inc., et al., Case No. CV-06-000065: Circuit Court of Bullock County, Alabama: Negotiated a settlement on behalf of 55,000 class members asserting breach of contract claims in connection with alleged deceptive practices of enrolling and charging customers for automobile club membership.
- Annette Rush v. Village Auto Ins. Co., Inc., Case No. 2005-CV-107983: Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia: Recovered over $15 million on behalf of a Georgia class of non-standard insureds.
- Willie Rumph, et al. v. USAuto Services, Inc. et al., Case No. CV-04-33: Circuit Court of Barbour County, Alabama: Recovered over $12 million on behalf of a class of non-standard insureds residing in Alabama.
- In re Textile Rental Serv. Litig., Case No. CV-05-019: Circuit Court of Barbour County, Alabama: Negotiated a national class action settlement concerning unfair and deceptive trade practices in the garment rental industry.